DIY Bacterial Gene Engineering CRISPR Kit
We ship 2-3 day in the US.
Due to the overwhelming number of emails we will not respond to emails asking when your item will be shipped. Understand we are doing our best to get it to you.
Comes with an example experiment that teaches you many molecular biology and gene engineering techniques.
Want to really know what this whole CRISPR thing is about? Why it could revolutionize genetic engineering? This kit includes everything you need to make precision genome edits in bacteria at home including Cas9, tracrRNA, crRNA and Template DNA template for an example experiment.
Includes example experiment to make a genome mutation(K43T) to the rpsL gene changing the 43rd amino acid, a Lysine(K) to a Threonine(T) thereby allowing the bacteria to survive on Strep media which would normal prevent its growth.
Kit contains enough materials for around 5 experiments or more
- LB Agar
- LB Strep/Kan/Arabinose Agar
- Glass bottle for pouring plates
- Non-pathogenic E. coli bacteria
- Inoculation Loops/Plate Spreader
- 10-100uL variable volume adjustable pipette(1uL increments)
- Box of 96 Pipette Tips
- 14 Petri Plates
- Microcentrifuge tube rack
- Nitrile Gloves
- Microcentrifuge tubes
- 50mL Tube for measuring
- Bacterial transformation buffer 25mM CalCl2, 10% PEG 8000
- LB Media for transformation recovery
- Cas9 plasmid
- gRNA plasmid
- Template DNA
You can find the plasmid DNA sequences
Some items in this kit need to be stored in a fridge and a freezer upon you receiving them.