Genetic Engineering Home Lab Kit
Excellent Starter Kit
Posted by Eric KELTS on 12th Dec 2018
I received my kit a few weeks ago. It is very complete, including everything I will need to start my biohacking adventures. Consider adding the biohacker class if your skills are, ahem, a little rusty (or if your interest level outweighs your skill set) to round things out.
Great starting kit
Posted by Unknown on 17th Aug 2016
This kit contains everything you need to get started and for less than building a OpenPCR machine yourself would cost. GET THE HEATED LID. It's worth the money just from time savings alone.
NOTE: The way we can offer this kit at such a low price is by finding the best deals with our partners and manufacturers. That means that this kit takes 1-2 months to ship. Please be patient and understand we are doing our best to get it to you.
A great way to learn to use this kit is to purchase it in conjunction with our Genetics 101 Class
This DIY Lab starter kit provides all the equipment, reagents and materials you need to get started in molecular biology and genetic engineering. Also, includes a Genotyping Kit and supplies from our DIY CRISPR Kit so you can run your first experiments! Comes with tutorials explaining the Science and how to use the equipment.
This kit comes with
- PCR Machine w/ Heated Lid
- PCR Tubes
- A set of 3 new lab grade pipettes
- Pipette tips for each pipette
- An agarose gel electrophoresis box and gel mold w/ comb
- Tube Rack
- A power supply to run electrophoresis
- 2 powerchords
- Temperature Controlled Heating Pad for growing cultures
- 10g Agarose
- 50g TAE Buffer mix(27g Tris Base/23g Tris Acetate/0.5g EDTA)
- 5g Kanamycin Sulfate
- 5g Ampicillin Sodium
- 40g of LB Agar
- 20g LB Media
- Sleeve of 20 petri plates
- 0.01g - 200g scale and weigh boats
- Trans-eye-luminator glasses and blue light
- 5 x 15mL Tubes
- 5 x 50mL Tubes
- pDusk, pDawn light activated bacteria
- pJE202 genetically engineered bioluminescent glowing bacteria
- 100uL Gel Green Stain 10,000x
- 500uL 5x Taq Master Mix
- 200uL DNA Loading Dye
- 100uL 100bp DNA Ladder
- 100uL 1kbp DNA Ladder
- Genotyping Kit
- Supplies from the DIY CRISPR Kit
*There is a lot of surplus lab equipment in the US that becomes available to us. We take the best and toss the rest, testing and refurbishing. All equipment will come with a 3 month guarantee.
**Image is just a representation of what you will receive and not the exact items as our inventory changes often. Please email us at email@example.com if you are looking wondering about the specific items you would receive.
***When purchased the add-on microcentrifuge is a fixed speed 10K RPM non-refrigerated with an 8 place rotor
****Refunds require a 20% restocking fee as these kits are made to order