The kit contains reagents to allow you to perform a yeast transformation with a plasmid and yeast strain that you provide.
- 10mL yeast Transformation Buffer (100mM Lithium Acetate 40% PEG 8000 0.1mg/mL Salmon Sperm DNA) enough for 200 - 50uL reactions
- Tubes of YPD for outgrowth
- Inoculation loops
- Microcentrifuge tubes
How to transform yeast using this kit
- The day before your transformation streak out on an ypd agar plate with yeast
- Pipette 50uL of transformation mix into a microcentrifuge tube
- Using an inoculation loop scrape enough yeast off the plate to fill the loop and twirl into tube containing 50uL transformation mix
- Using a pipette, gently pipette up and own to break up any clumps of yeast
- Add the plasmid you would like to transform to the tube containing the yeast
- Put the tube into 42C water for 1 hour
- Add 250uL of YPD to your yeast and plasmid tube
- Incubate at 30C(shaking if possible) for 1-3 hours(increased length increases success) or at room temperature for 4-6 hours
- Plate all 250uL on YPD agar plate with the appropriate selection antibiotics
- Grow the plate 48 at 30C or 48-64 hours at room temperature.
The kit is precisely as described and very affordable.
what temperature should I store the Yeast transformation buffer at ?